Saturday, February 4, 2012

What I've Been Reading

I've been reading some great, interesting, and strange articles lately that I'd like to share. 


Stanford study found that social media is hurting young girls' social development.


Are the movie posters for French actor, Jean Dujardin's new film too provocative


Male Birth Control: Check out this study about male contraception that decreases amount of sperm.


I loved Viola's Davis's speech at the SAG Awards. If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT! With that in mind, I was sad to read this article where Octavia Spencer discusses her unhealthy weight. Can't we focus on the film's accolades instead of the weight of its actresses?


Scary story about a young girl who is protesting the inclusion of transgender children in Girl Scouts. Question: When and where should LGBTQ education begin? Just when I think we are taking steps forward, I see that we are moving backwards. A bill that went into effect in California on January 1st to include LGBTQ historical figures in history curriculum is meeting some roadblocks.


Some thoughts from a fellow single woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment