Monday, March 14, 2011

In the mood for some dessert? Here’s a slice of “Humble” pie…

Lately, I’ve been realizing how important being a “humble” person and surrounding myself with “humble” people is to me. I think it is easy after traveling abroad to believe that I am now more “worldly” and that my learning is behind me, but I don’t see it that way at all. Arrogance is the easy way out, but humility is the harder path. To me, having humility means seeing that there are other people around you that are struggling too and their problems are bigger than yours. Sometimes I feel that the more I learn, the more I realize what I do not know. It is that thought that propels me to keep learning, wondering, and questioning. Just some food for thought…

(Also, I love any excuse to put food up on my blog!)


Another article of interest relating to this post is from EcoSalon called "Rolling Around in Insane Potential: It's Bright Faith, Baby." It describes a level of faith called "bright faith" where people bring passion, enthusiasm and appreciation to their lives. She ends on an optimistic, positive note writing:



"That fresh salad you get with your entrée. The insurance on your car. The clothes you wear, where you want. The hands you hold in public.
 The light you’re reading by. That vaccination scar on your arm. 
Your innocence.
 
Really, what’s the worst of your problems?
Perspective isn’t everything in terms of have’s and have nots. But you can work it to your very great advantage."
Take a look: http://ecosalon.com/rolling-around-in-insane-potential-it’s-bright-faith-baby/

Special thanks to Hillary Combs for sending me the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment